Indoor 802.11ac Wave 2 Wi-Fi Access Point with Multi-gigabit Backhaul for Ultra-Dense Device Environments
With hundreds of devices and nonstop wireless interference, busy indoor environments can make challenging Wi-Fi deployments. Step up to blazing fast, reliable connectivity in the densest indoor spaces with the Ruckus R720 access point.
The R720 is our highest-capacity four-stream 802.11ac Wave 2 AP. With four streams of MU-MIMO connectivity, it can simultaneously transmit to multiple Wave 2 clients in the widest available channels, drastically improving RF efficiency. And with support for multi-gigabit 2.5 GbE, you can more than double your backhaul capacity without having to add switch ports or run new Ethernet cabling.
Give your users a consistently great wireless experience with the best enterprise Wi-Fi in the business.
- Liberate the multi-gigabit power of Wave 2 Wi-Fi by using built-in 2.5GbE (802.3bz) backhaul to connect to multi-gigabit switches.
Stunning Wi-Fi Performance
- Provide a great user experience no matter how challenging the environment with BeamFlex+ adaptive antenna technology and a library of 4K+ directional antenna patterns.
Serve More Devices
- Connect more devices simultaneously with four MU-MIMO spatial streams and concurrent dual-band 2.4/5GHz radios while enhancing non-Wave 2 device performance.
Multiple Management Options
- Manage the R720 from the cloud, or with on-premises physical/virtual appliances.
Get Optimal Throughput
- ChannelFly dynamic channel technology uses machine learning to automatically find the least congested channels. You always get the highest throughput the band can support.
Better Mesh Networking
- Reduce expensive cabling, and complex mesh configurations by checking a box with SmartMesh wireless meshing technology to dynamically create self-forming, self-healing mesh networks.
- Augment AP capabilities through the onboard USB 2.0 port to provide additional technologies like BLE.
More Than Wi-Fi
4×4:4ss 802.11ac Wave 2 access point with 2.5Gbps backhaul
Maximum PHY Rate
- 802.11ac Wave 2 (5GHz)
- 802.11n (2.4GHz)
Max. Interference Mitigation
- 1 – 2.5GbE
- 1 – 1GbE
General Wireless Technologies
What it means:
Multi-gigabit technology and specifically the IEEE 802.3bz standard, formally introduced as 2.5GBASE-T and 5GBASE-T in 2016. IEEE 802.3bz is a standard for Ethernet over twisted pair copper wire at speeds of 2.5 Gbps and 5 Gbps.
Why you should care:
Gigabit connections have served us well for many years, delivering fast low-latency data to laptops, smartphones and other devices. However, the latest generation of APs can overwhelm a 1 GbE connection so that the wired network becomes a performance bottleneck. Multi-gigabit technology, which operate above 1 Gbps supports new data rates of 2.5 and 5 Gbps, while still leveraging commonly deployed Cat 5e (for 2.5 Gbps) or Cat 6 (for 5 Gbps) cabling. Thus, enterprises can maximize the performance of their Wi-Fi networks in the most cost-effective, least-disruptive manner. The Ruckus ICX Z-series switches and the Ruckus R720 access point support multi-gigabit technology / 802.3bz to help organizations maximize their Wi-Fi network performance.
An ARRIS Company
350 West Java Dr. Sunnyvale, CA 94089 USA
T: +1 (650) 265-4200
F: +1 (408) 738-2065
Dong Quan IT Company
Authorized Distributor in VN
421/11 Su Van Hanh, Ward 12, District 10, Ho Chi Minh City
T: +84 (028) 3868-0150
F: +84 (028) 3868-0144